Who we are
Our website address is: https://enteringthegoldenroom.com.
We’ll always keep your data safe and secure as well as we possibly can and we will NEVER sell your personal data to anyone.
- The good stuff : We will only use your data to improve your experience.
- Locked down: We’ll protect your data like it’s our own.
- Straight talking: We’ll always speak your language and have your back – no nonsense, no legalese, no surprises.
- No spam: You decide what and how you hear from us. You can unsubscribe anytime you want.
- Just the essentials: We don’t collect more info than what’s needed to improve your experience.
Protecting Your Privacy
At Entering the Golden Room, we are 100% committed to protecting the privacy and security of our customers and site visitors. The Entering the Golden Room team members are customers themselves of other internet sites – so we appreciate and respect how important privacy is. If you have any questions about how we Protect Your Privacy, drop us a line using the form at the bottom of this page. For all our services, the data controller — the company that’s responsible for your privacy— is Catherine Rushforth & Associates LTD, parent company of Entering The Golden Room.
How we use your contact information
We use your information in a number of different ways — what we do depends on the information. Below we have set this out in detail, showing what we do, and why we do it.
Your name and contact details
- Bill your purchases to you.We’ve got to do this to perform our contract with you (it’s a bit hard to send your order if we don’t use your name and contact details)
- Send you service messages by e-mail or text message, such as order workshops or gold ticket 1 :1 days. We’ve got to do this to perform our contract with you (so you can tell when to expect joining instructions)
- Sending you information by email about our new products and services.To keep you up to date. We only send this with your permission
- Fraud prevention and detection. To prevent and detect fraud against either you or Entering the Golden Room – unfortunate, but absolutely essential.
Your payment information
If you choose to pay by credit or debit card this means your card’s security/CVV code, don’t worry, we don’t store them.
- Take payment, and give refunds.We’ve got to do this to perform our contract with you.
- Fraud prevention and detection.To prevent and detect fraud against either you or Entering the Golden Room – unfortunate, but absolutely essential.
Your contact history with us
What you’ve said to us — for example, in a support ticket, in an email or telephone call.
- Provide the best customer service and support.We’ve got to do this to perform our contract with you, after all, you expect the best service from us.
- Learn from past practices.So that, when you contact us, you get the best possible customer service.
- Improve our in person gold ticket service and online content.So that, based on your feedback, we can make our gold ticket services and online content more in line with what you are looking for and need.
Purchase history and saved booking forms
What you’ve bought from us through our website.
- Sell you gold ticket face to face services or online consultations and workshops. We’ve got to do this to perform our contract with you.
- Provide customer service and support, and handle refunds. We’ve got to do this to perform our contract with you.
- Finding out what you, and other customers, like. To ensure we are giving you what you want, and think you need to get ‘unstuck’ or choose a path forward from this cross-road in life.
Information about your phone or laptop, and how you use our website.
The information you give us when you browse our site, including your IP address and device type and, if you choose to share it with us, your location data, as well as how you use our website. We use Google Analytics to store and analyse these data.
- Improve our website.To give you the best possible browsing and puchase experience.
- Protect our website.To prevent and detect fraud against either you or Entering the Golden Room – unfortunate, but absolutely essential — and to meet our legal obligations about looking after your data.
You don’t have to give us any of this personal information but if you don’t, you may not be able to make contact with us, arrange a personal consultation and you are unlikely to receive our optimal customer service experience. But that is your choice – and we respect that. We also anonymize and aggregate personal information (so that it does not identify you) and use it for purposes including testing our IT systems, research, data analysis, improving our site and app, and developing new products and services. We also share this anonymous and aggregated information with some third parties that help us make sense of this data (e.g. with Google Analytics).
Sharing your information
We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party – including your name, address, email address or credit card information (which we do not keep anyway). We want to earn and maintain your trust, and we believe this is absolutely essential in order do that. We use a select number of trusted external service providers for certain technical data analysis, processing and/or storage offerings. These service providers are carefully selected and meet high data protection and security standards. We only share information with them that is required for the services offered and we contractually bind them to keep any information we share with them as confidential and to process Personal Data only according to our instructions.
We might share your data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you, as set out in this statement:
- Companies that do things to get your purchases to you, such as payment service providers, download storage companies.
- Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts, who help us run our business.
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement, and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help tackle fraud.
We may provide third parties with aggregated but anonymized information and analytics about our customers and, before we do so, we will make sure that it does not identify you.
If you have said we can, we’ll occasionally send you marketing material by email to let you know about new services that we are bringing on stream.
How to stop marketing messages from Entering the Golden Room
Entering the Golden Room is primarily a gold ticket discrete service. Most of our contacts are therefore personalised. You can stop receiving marketing messages from us though at any time. You can do this:
- By clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any marketing email
- By contacting our admin support using the form at the bottom of this page.
Once you do this, we will update your profile to ensure that you don’t receive further marketing messages. Please note that, as Entering the Golden Room comprises a few inter-connecting services, it might take a few days for all our systems to be updated, so you might get messages from us while we process your request.
Seeing adverts for Entering the Golden Room online
We also engage in online advertising, also to keep you aware of what we’re up to and to help you see and find our products. Like many companies, we might target Entering the Golden Room banners and ads to you when you are on other websites and apps. We do this using a variety of digital marketing networks and ad exchanges, and we use a range of advertising technologies like web beacons, pixels, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers, as well as specific services offered by some sites and social networks, such as Facebook’s Custom Audience service. The banners and ads you see will be based on information we hold about you, or your previous use of Entering the Golden Room website or on Entering the Golden Room banners or ads you have previously clicked on.
Keeping your information
We’ll hold on to your information for as long as you remain on our mailing list, or as long as is needed to be able to provide the services to you, or (in the case of any contact you may have with our Customer Care team) for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting and trend analysis only. If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
You have a lot of rights relating to your personal information:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used (like this notice)
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you (although you can probably do most of this through your account panel if you are a customer)
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances
- The right to stop direct marketing messages, which you can do by unsubscribing to our emails via the unsubscribe link at the bottom and to withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time
- The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator
If you want to exercise your rights, have a complaint, or just have questions, please contact us via form at the bottom of this page
Changes to how we Protect Your Privacy
We may change this page from time to time, to reflect how we are processing your data. If we make significant changes, we will make that clear on the Entering the Golden Room website or by some other means of contact such as email, so that you are able to review the changes before you continue to use Entering the Golden Room services.
- Site functionality cookies – these cookies allow you to navigate the site and use our features, such as “Save for Later”.
- Site analytics cookies – these cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use the site, to improve both its functionality and your booking experience.
- Customer preference cookies – when you are browsing or shopping on enteringthegoldenroom.com, these cookies will remember your preferences (like your currency, tax rate or location), so we can make your shopping experience as seamless as possible, and more personal to you.
- Targeting or advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver ads relevant to you. They also limit the number of times that you see an ad and help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
By using our site, you agree to us placing these sorts of cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the site in the future. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, the “help” section in your browser should provide instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies
Please note that by deleting or disabling future cookies, your user experience may be affected and you might not be able to take advantage of certain functions of our site, and the complete Entering the Golden Room user experience that we pride ourselves on providing our customers.
How to contact us
We always want to hear from our customers (especially if you feel we’ve let you down or could do better). If you:
- Have any questions or feedback about this notice
- Would like us to stop using your information
- Want to exercise any of your rights as set out above, or have a complaint
Please don’t hesitate to contact us and we will be happy to answer any questions you may have. Or if you’d prefer to, you can write to us at:
Entering the Golden Room
178 Portsmouth Road
Surrey KT11 1HS
V1.1 Written 17th April 2020